There are 4 other files named cbl74.hlp in the archive. Click here to see a list.
COBOL-74 Command Strings
1. Each file descriptor has the form:
2. Relfil receives the machine code generated by the compiler.
If no code is desired, replace "relfil" by "-".
3. Lstfil receives the program listing produced by the compiler.
If no listing is desired, replace "lstfil" by "-".
4. Src1, src2, ... are the COBOL source files required to produce
one input program.
5. If "device:" is omitted for relfil or lstfil, "DSK:" is assumed.
If "device:" is omitted for any source file, either the preceding
device name is used, or "DSK:" is used if there was no preceding
6. If the filename for relfil or lstfil is omitted, the filename of
the first source file is used.
7. If ".ext" is omitted from the relfil descriptor, ".REL is used.
If ".ext" is omitted from the lstfil descriptor, ".LST" is used.
If ".ext" is omitted from any source file descriptor, ".CBL" is
8. If "[project,programmer]" is omitted for any file, "[user ppn]" is
A List the machine code generated in the lstfil.
B Generate code for all DEBUG lines (those with /D in col.
7) which otherwise would be treated as comments.
C Produce a cross-reference table of all user-defined
D:nnnnnn Increment, in octal words, to be added to the object
time push down list size.
E Check program for errors, but do not generate code.
H Type description of CBL74 command strings and switches.
I Suppress output of start address (Program is to be used
only by CALL's).
J Force output of start address in spite of the presence
of subprogram syntax.
L Use the preceding source file as a library file whenever
a COPY verb is encountered. If the first source file is
not a /L file, LIBARY.LIB is used as the library file
until the first /L file is encountered. (The default
extension for library files is ".LIB".)
M Include a map of the user defined items in the lstfil.
N Do not type compilation errors on the user's terminal.
O Optimize the object code.
P Production mode. Omit debugging features from relfil.
Q Quick mode. Do not range check PERFORMs, also turn on
/O and /P.
R Produce a two-segment object program. The high segment
will contain the Procedure Division; the low segment
S The source file is in "conventional" format (with
sequence numbers in cols. 1-6 and comments starting in
U Produce a one-segment object program.
W Rewind the device before reading or writing (Magtape
X Give a usage of DISPLAY-9 to items whose usage is either
omitted or declared as DISPLAY.
Y:xxx FIPS flagger, flag the extensions to the ANS-74 standard
as specified by "xxx".
[END OF CBL74.HLP]