There are 4 other files named 68274.hlp in the archive. Click here to see a list.
COBOL-68 to COBOL-74 Conversion Utility Command Strings
1. Each file descriptor has the form:
2. Cvtfil receives the converted source file generated by the
If no code is desired, replace "relfil" by "-".
3. Lstfil receives the program listing produced by the converter.
If no listing is desired, replace "lstfil" by "-".
4. Src1, src2, ... are the COBOL source files required to produce
one input program.
5. If "device:" is omitted for cvtfil or lstfil, "DSK:" is assumed.
If "device:" is omitted for any source file, either the preceding
device name is used, or "DSK:" is used if there was no preceding
6. If the filename for cvtfil or lstfil is omitted, the filename of
the first source file is used.
7. If ".ext" is omitted from the cvtfil descriptor, ".CVT is used.
If ".ext" is omitted from the lstfil descriptor, ".LST" is used.
If ".ext" is omitted from any source file descriptor, ".CBL" is
8. If "[project,programmer]" is omitted for any file, "[user ppn]" is
C Produce a cross-reference table of all user-defined
E Check program for errors, but do not generate converted
H Type description of 68274 command strings and switches.
L Use the preceding source file as a library file whenever
a COPY verb is encountered. If the first source file is
not a /L file, LIBARY.LIB is used as the library file
until the first /L file is encountered. (The default
extension for library files is ".LIB".)
N Do not type compilation errors on the user's terminal.
S The source file is in "conventional" format (with
sequence numbers in cols. 1-6 and comments starting in
W Rewind the device before reading or writing (Magtape
X Give a usage of DISPLAY-9 to items whose usage is either
omitted or declared as DISPLAY.
Z Zero the directory of the device before writing (DECtape
[END OF 68274.HLP]