There are 2 other files named order.fil in the archive. Click here to see a list.
The various .CTL and .MIC files used in the weekly monitor build procedures
must be done in the following order:
1) SU START !Must be first
Once START completes successfully:
2) For each monitor module which is new this week, do
DO NEWMOD modulename
and check with its author that the appropriate .FIL file
(one of TOPS10, DECNET, MPE, or UNSUP) has been updated for it.
3) DO SCC,,BUILD ![DEC only] Build updated sources in
! BASE: from the engineers' edits
4) DO COMPILE FGEN !If necessary
5) DO COMPILE MONGEN !If necessary
After FGEN & MONGEN are successful:
6) DO GEN 254 !or whatever is this week's 3-digit load number
After GEN is successful:
7) SU UNIV
After UNIV has been verified:
8) DO COMPILE x !for each changed module "x"
(Actually, DO COMPILE UUOSYM can come anytime between START and DONE.)
!These batch jobs may be run simultaneously
When step 8 has been verified:
9) DO BUILDS
Then verify each of the BUILD & COMPIL jobs submitted by step 9.
Software Engineering will DO DONE once the monitor has been verified, usually
sometime Wednesday morning.