There is 1 other file named kl-ucode-instal-guide.man in the archive. Click here to see a list.
-- KL MICROCODE INSTALLATION GUIDE -- AA-AS78B-TM
Digital Equipment Corporation, Maynard, Mass.
This software is furnished under a license for use only on a single
computer system and may be copied only with the inclusion of the above
copyright notice. This software, or any other copies thereof, may not
be provided or otherwise made available to any other person except for
use on such system and to one who agrees to these license terms.
Title to and ownership of the software shall at all times remain in
The information in this software is subject to change without notice
and should not be construed as a commitment by Digital Equipment
DEC assumes no responsibility for the use or reliability of its
software on equipment which is not supplied by DEC.
KL MICROCODE INSTALLATION GUIDE -- V347 Page 2
The installation package for microcode V347 consists of a magtape
and RX0x floppy diskette. The tape saveset contains 3 files.
KL-UCODE-RELEASE.DOC is the documentation file for the microcode
itself. It contains among other things the edit history (what bugs
got fixed) of the microcode since the last release.
KL-UCODE-INSTAL-GUIDE.MAN (This document) is the installation
instructions for microcode v347. KL-UCODE.BWR is the file which lists
all the known bugs in V347 microcode.
1. The reader is familiar with the installation instructions
contained in Chapter 4 of the TOPS-20 KL Model B Installation
2. The system disk is DB0:.
3. The floppy disk is in DX0:.
If drive numbers other than 0 are used, replace 0 in the
description with the disk drive number.
3.0 INSTALLATION PROCEEDURE
1. Halt the TOPS-20 monitor with your site's shutdown
proceedure. All further steps assume that SHUT has been
typed to PARSER at the Front End console terminal or that the
system disk was booted with the value of 000203 (octal) in
the switch register and the SWITCH REGISTER and ENABLE
buttons are depressed.
2. Place the floppy disk supplied with this package in Floppy
KL MICROCODE INSTALLATION GUIDE -- V347 Page 3
3. Type CTRL/\. The prompt PAR> or PAR% should appear.
4. Type MCR MOU (ret). The prompt MOU> should appear.
5. Type DX0: (ret). The message MOU -- MOUNT COMPLETE should
appear and then another MOU>.
6. Type CTRL/Z and CTRL/\. The prompt PAR> or PAR% should
7. Type MCR PIP. The prompt PIP> should appear.
8. Type DB0:=DX0:KLX.MCB;347. After about 10-15 seconds the
prompt PIP> should appear.
9. Type CTRL/Z and CTRL/\. The prompt PAR> or PAR% should
10. Type MCR KLI. A few lines of informational messages should
appear and then the prompt KLI>.
11. Type NO (ret) or just (ret).
12. After KLI has run and loaded the BOOT program the prompt
BOOT> should appear. KLI will have typed an informational
line stating that the microcode has been loaded and give the
version number. If the version is not 347, restart the
installation and type YES to the first KLI prompt. The first
question after that is for loading of the microcode. Type
YES KLX.MCB;347. Answer all the other questions that KLI
askes using your site's parameters.
13. Restart the system in the usual manner.