There are 30 other files named read.me in the archive. Click here to see a list.
Note that two complete and independent GNOSIS "save
sets" exist on the tape, one called "ALGOL VERSION 7" (it's
valid under ALGOL Version 7) and another called "ALGOL VER-
SION 10" (which is valid under ALGOL Version 10). Be sure to
RESTORE files from the appropriate save set.
I.1 ESSENTIAL STEPS
1. [ ]Store GNOSIS.SAV, HOW.SAV and GNOLIB.REL in
2. [ ]Store GNOSIS.MIC in "MIC:" if your monitor is
Version 6.03 or later; otherwise store GNOSIS.MIC
3. [ ]Store GNOSIS.DOC<555> in "DOC:".
4. [ ]Store GNOSIS.HLP in "HLP:".
I.2 OTHER DESIRABLE STEPS
1. [ ]Store ALGED.SAV and ALGED.DAT in "SYS:".
2. [ ]Store ALGED.HLP in "HLP:".
1. [ ]Restore HOW.GNO from the distribution tape into
2. [ ]Execute the GNOSIS.MIC file with the command "DO
GNOSIS HOW" or "DO SYS:GNOSIS HOW", whichever is
appropriate. Note that it is normal for GNOSIS to
issue a few WARNING messages but abnormal for it to
issue ERROR messages.
3. [ ]Create files in your account with the names
HOW.SRT and HOW.DTA. (HOW will dump data in these
at program exit.)
4. [ ]Type "RUN HOW" and verify that the lesson
5. [ ]Type "R HOW" to verify that the system copy of
"HOW" will execute.
6. [ ]Delete "HOW.*" from your account.