There are 2 other files named edits.doc in the archive. Click here to see a list.
EDITS.DOC 22-Oct-71 RB
Differences between EDIT V12.4 and EDITS V13(15)
1. The X command now works like the I command at the end of the
line; i.e., a <return> terminates and an <altmode> aborts the
expansion. Text can be automatically appended Via X<text>$<range>.
2. The increment arguement on the I and R command is now a temporary
arguement (the old method was to lock this increment in forever).
3. If the LPT in not available to the L command, the program
now assumes DSK calling the file <input name>.LPT.
4. The _EXPERT command now also kills the echo of deleted
data in "A" mode.
5. The special character to shift case has been changed to a "'"
from a "?".
6. New features
a. "." - Pointer mover
b. "^" - Top of page
c. "_INC" - Sets the increment used by I and R
d. "A" mode commands
1. E - set EXPERT
2. N - set NOVICE
3. <tab> - skip to end of line
4. X - eXpand line
7. Temperarily the editor will be called via. CT command instead
of EDIT or CREATE.