There is 1 other file named t10tp4.mem in the archive. Click here to see a list.
TOPS10 INTEGRATION TOOLS distribution
The information in this document is subject to change without
notice and should not be construed as a commitment by Digital
Equipment Corporation. Digital Equipment Corporation assumes no
responsibility for any errors which may appear in this document.
This tape contains in TOPS-10 BACKUP format the current
collection of tools in the Integration Tools Clearinghouse, which is a
function of the Integration Program Office of Digital Equipment
Corporation's Large Systems Marketing Group. These tools are
distributed on an "as is" basis; Digital makes no warranty as the the
correctness or operation of any of these tools. All tools are
distributed as received from their various sources, along with any
updates that are made available.
There are two (2) savesets on this tape. Saveset number one is
named TENTAPE6, and contains the directory of the entire tape, and
this documentation file on the tape's contents. The second saveset is
named LSMTOOL6, and contains individual tools subfile directories
(SFDs). Beginning with version 4 of the TOPS-10 tools tapes, the
tools are distributed in separate subdirectories under the primary
Note that there are a total of three different format tapes
comprising the tools collection: TOPS10, TOPS20, and VMS. Typically,
a distribution of the tools consists of EITHER a TOPS10 or TOPS20
tape, and the VMS tape. The TOPS20 tape contains almost all of the
tools, but usually does not have the binaries for programs which run
on VMS. The TOPS10 tape also includes most tools, but is further
limited to those tools which have filenames six characters or less
(SED, for instance, is not on the TOPS10 tape for this reason). The
VMS tape, in BACKUP format, contains all tools which run under VMS,
including their binaries, as well as most of the machine readable
integration documentation which is available.
The Tools on this tape are:
1. [,,202VMS] TOPS20-to-VMS user documentation. This is
documentation on some of the use-level differences between
TOPS20 and VMS, including system commands.
2. [,,BASIC]: BASIC differences documentation. This covers the
differences between TOPS10 BASIC-10 (and BASIC-20) and BASIC
under VMS. Suggestions for conversion tactics are also
3. [,,CIS]: This is documentation on a usage accounting package
for VMS which is available from a third party company.
4. [,,COBOL1]: COBOL DOCUMENTATION and CONVERSION AIDS. This
is documentation on the differences between TOPS COBOL and
VAX-11 COBOL. This saveset also includes a number of of
COBOL routines useful for doing such conversions, which are
referred to in the documentation.
5. [,,COM10A]: Command file library for TOPS10, version 1.
Similar to the above command file library, but for TOPS10
6. [,,COM20A]: Command file library for TOPS20, version 1.
This implements many of the more common TOPS20 commands on
VMS as .COM command files.
7. [,,COMPIL]: COMPIL Class Commands for VMS - This implements
the TOPS10/20 commands such as EXECUTE and COMPIL. This
includes the ability to determine the appropriate language
processor for a given source file, as well as the ability to
conditionally compile the source module(s) when their
creation date is more recent that that of the relocatable
8. [,,CONBAT]: This is a tool that runs on TOPS-10 and TOPS-20.
It can be used to convert TOPS-10 or TOPS-20 BATCH control
files to similar VMS command files for batch execution. It
also converts TOPS-20 CMD and TOPS-10 and TOPS-20 MIC files.
The documentation and sources are on this tape. The
executable binaries are included on the TOPS tapes.
9. [,,CONVRT]: CONVRT. This is a FORTRAN program to read
BACKUP INTERCHANGE tapes on VMS.
10. [,,DECNET]: DECnet-10 tools. These tools aid in the use of
DECnet-10 between TOPS10 and VMS. Included are various
patches from a DECnet-10 user.
11. [,,DISDOC]: CASE STUDY #2: DIS - This is a set of case
study notes from Digital's Information Systems MIS
department, outlining what they encountered in their move
from TOPS10 to VMS over the preceding years.
12. [,,DSCONV]: 1022/1032 conversion aid. This tool, submitted
by Software House, Inc. for use with their SYSTEM-1022
product, is used to convert 1022 database definitions to 1032
for use under VMS. The tools itself runs under TOPS20 and
13. [,,DUMPR1], [,,DUMPR2]: DUMPER Versions 1 and 2. This is a
program that reads both DUMPER and BACKUP tapes on VMS.
14. [,,EDT10]: This is a version of the EDT text editor for
TOPS-10. It is based on the same sources as the EDT-20
editor, but uses TOPS-10 UUOs instead of TOPS-20 JSYSs to
interface to the monitor.
15. [,,EMACS]: EMACS documentation: This is the documentation
file for a VMS version of EMACS which is commercially
available outside of Digital.
16. [,,FORTRA]: FORTRAN differences documentation. This short
writeup covers some of the differences between the two
implementations of FORTRAN which play the largest part in
converting programs, and suggests methods for handling these
17. [,,ICIDOC]: CASE STUDY #3: COBOL/DBMS/TRAFFIC20 - This is
another case study report, on a customer (ICI) who converted
a major application from TOPS20 COBOL/DBMS/TRAFFIC-20 to VMS
COBOL/DBMS/TDMS, with very good success.
18. [,,ISACON]: This is a program that can be used to simplify
moving TOPS COBOL ISAM files to VMS. It reads the file
description from the TOPS COBOL program, generates a TOPS
COBOL program to unload the file, a VAX COBOL program to
reload the file, and a CDDL description of the data for use
with the VAX Common Data Dictionary. The sources and
parameter files, as well as the documentation, are included
here. The executable binaries are on the TOPS tapes.
19. [,,LOCATE]: LOCATE Command for TOPS10 - Simulate the TOPS10
LOCATE command to control network printing on remote nodes.
20. [,,RECOG3]: This is a package which implements the TOPS20
Command JSYS command line facility for VMS V3 systems.
21. [,,REV]: REV for VMS - This is a command file implementation
of the TOPS20 utility REV, which is used to manage and
cleanup disk directories.
22. [,,SFTOVX]: SFTOVX. This is a set of APLSF routines to aid
in converting APLSF workspaces to VAX-11 APL workspaces.
Documentation includes information on the various differences
between APLSF and VAX-11 APL
23. [,,TECO]: TECO DIFFERENCES DOCUMENT - This is a short
outline of the differences between TOPS-10 TECO and VMS TECO.
24. [,,TELL10], [,,TELVMS]: TELL is a program for use between
TOPS10/DECnet-10 and VMS. It allows a user under TOPS10 to
issue commands which are executed under VMS on a specified
25. [,,TENTAP]: This is a TOPS10 program for handling ANSI tapes
- a convenient transport mechanism for moving files between
TOPS10 and VMS.
26. [,,TVAXV1]: TVAXV1 - TV editor for VMS. This is an
implementation of the editor TV from TOPS20 (and DTECO from
TOPS10) under VMS.
27. [,,TVAXV2]: TVAXV2 - version 2 of TVAX. This also includes
TV.COM and TV.CLD, which are used to implement TV as a
It is expected that when others make modifications, either in
terms of additional functionality or simply bug fixes, that the new
versions be sent back to Digital, so that the most recent copies will
be distributed to others. The address to send such updates, as well
as new tools for submission to the Clearinghouse, is
Large Systems Marketing
Digital Equipment Corp.
One Iron Way
Marlboro, Mass. 01752