There are no other files named instructions.txt in the archive.
Necessary/optional changes required to install kla-vaxmit.
1) Directories need to be build for incoming files, outgoing
files, and log files (if generated).
2) Logical names can be set up to point to the input and output
directories, however, they are NOT necessary for vaxmit to
work. The directories and terminal lines are hardwired into
vaxmit. It IS necessary that vaxmit be changed to reflect
your site and be recompiled and linked!!!
2a) The ascid pointer inbox should reflect the directory built
for incoming files.
2b) The ascid pointer outbox should reflect the directory built
for outgoing files.
2c) The ascid pointer logbox should reflect the directory built
for the log file. (if used)
3) The ascid pointer port should reflect the tty line used for
transmission. The speed should be set to match the other
system being connected. 9600 baud was the highest
used at Wesleyan.
4) The ascid pointer cty should reflect the tty line used for
operator error logging.
5) Again, no system logicals are necessary, however, one set up for inbox
and outbox are convenient.
6) The program should be run as a detached process. It is convenient
to do 5 and 6 from systartup.com. The instructions would look
$define/system inbox: dua0:<directory for inbox>
$define/system outbox: dua0:<directory for outbox>
7) The program can be compiled for 7 or 8 bit. To compile the program
and create the macro library type:
$create/lib/object macrolib macrolib